Thursday, May 14, 2020

Let Us Pray: Day 20


(This was shared on April 12, 2020, on Zoom Conference.)
               As you may know, on Friday, March 20, 2020, I developed a high fever and had body aches throughout my body. I was unable to get up for two days, so on Monday, March 23, I had a video appointment with my doctor. She gave me a ten-day prescription to help alleviate the fever and body aches. I am grateful to God for His protection, for my ancestors’ guidance, for your compassionate prayers, and for my wife’s and my family members’ love and dedication. On the day after I finished my ten-day prescription I was free from fever and body pain. The worst days are over and I am on my way to a full recovery. 
               During the time I was very ill, so many people sent me messages through text, email, and other methods of communication to let me know they were thinking of me and to cheer me up. Although I was unable to reply to all of these messages, I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, messages, and prayers. Thank you very much. I am eternally grateful for everyone’s messages and prayers.
              There have been many positive cases of COVID-19, especially in New York State. New York State is the state that has the highest number of positive cases of COVID-19 and the number of deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States. 
               We must have deep appreciation for all essential workers who must keep working during this pandemic: (not meant to be all-inclusive) health care workers, infrastructure (such as utilities, water, waste, telecommunications, transportation, airlines, hotels), manufacturing (such as food processing, medical equipment, farming, paper products), retail (such as grocery stores, pharmacies, gasoline stations, hardware, take-out/delivery food), services (such as trash and recycling collection and disposal, mail and shipping services, laundromats, child care, auto repair, warehouse distribution and fulfillment, funeral homes, animal shelters), news media, financial institutions, providers of homeless shelters and food banks, home care, electricians, plumbers, law enforcement, fire departments, and volunteers, just to name a few. 
               I would like us all to pray for all of the essential workers who continue to work for all of us during this pandemic. Please close your eyes and put your hands in prayer. 

Words of Prayer
O God, we human beings are now facing a health crisis that we have not had to face before. God did not create coronavirus as an enemy for human beings. There is nothing superfluous in this world. However, all the existences have their own appropriate time, place, and environment. When certain existences appear, they will accomplish their purpose. If they appear at an inappropriate time, place, and environment, such as this coronavirus, it appears as an epidemic, plague, or disaster.

O God, we offer our sincere prayer asking for Your guidance, protection, and blessings for those spirits who have made their transition to the spiritual world. Furthermore, we ask for Your guidance and protection for those who are presently fighting for their lives because of this virus and for those who are suffering in their environment because of the hardships encountered because of the current situation. We sincerely pray that our lives will return to normal as soon as possible. We sincerely pray that when we resume our lives it will be a better normal life and we will live in harmony with nature and all living beings. Let us remember to carry out God’s Love and the Four Immeasurable Minds of Buddha to all sentient and non-sentient beings.

In particular, please bless and protect those caregivers who are currently working long hours dealing with the many patients who are suffering from COVID-19, especially doctors/nurses/people who work in hospitals and nursing homes, first responders, police officers, firefighters and emergency crews, workers for daily necessities, deliver men and women, and all the brave volunteers. We understand that they are manifestations of the Bodhisattva Who Reflect the Sounds of the World. O God, we are very grateful to You for Your Perfect guidance and Protection. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment