Sunday, March 15, 2020

Spend Time in Nature: Day 12


            The Seicho-No-Ie New York Center was officially closed today. There was no Sunday Service, but I conducted it on the internet using Zoom Communication Conference. This was the first time to hold the service online. My computer’s microphone was broken a long time ago and a technician in Larchmont couldn’t fix it. I connected through my iPhone but couldn’t use the PowerPoint presentation. I think it went well.

            The coronavirus brought difficulties to many people in many ways. But my daughter does not have to go to school and will study online next Wednesday, so she is happy. Maybe I have to see it as an opportunity for a family bond. One of my New Year’s Dreams is to have fun with my family. So many years I dedicated my time mainly to my work and my wife and children didn’t have enough time to spend with me. Now, two of my children have left home and the last one will soon go to college this September. I need to find out how we can enjoy it as a family for the next 5 months.
            I want to spend the time with my family in nature such as hiking in the forest, enjoying on the beach, or walking along the river. My wife also wants to spend time in nature, so I bought a book, Explorer’s Guides 50 Hikes in the Lower Hudson Valley. There are many different kinds of hiking courses between Westchester and Kingston counties such as 2 or 3 days hiking or 2 hours hiking course. This year I hope I can go hiking at least 5 times with my wife and children. Last year, we went to 3 different places: Bash Bish Fall on the border between NY and MA, Fire Island Lighthouse Beach in Long Island, Hampton Beach in NH. I hope we enjoy nature as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment